History

A few hundred yards southwest of the Town Hall in Haifa is the former Technion, College of Technology; the larger New Technion is in the southeastern district of Qiryat HaTechnion. The former Technion was built between 1914 and 1924 based off the designs of a Berlin architect, Alexander Baerwald. It's architechture combines East Asian features with western ideologies on spacial organization. The former Technion is now home to the Institute of Architecture and Madatech, the Israel National  Museum of Science, Technology, and Space.